Having a child is every woman’s dream. Society too, judges a woman who is unable to produce an offspring. If a woman is over 35 years of age, her chances of getting pregnant may reduce while the chances of miscarriage increases. Today, times have changed and fertility treatments are available that helps a couple conceive and produce children. However, it is important to understand that even if you conceive through the treatments, there is no assurance that you will deliver a healthy baby and some causes of infertility cannot be treated. Also, the treatment varies for men and women. Read more here: IVF Treatment in Delhi.
The fertility treatment depends on:
- The cause of the infertility
- The number of years you have been infertile
- Your and your partner’s age
- Personal choice
In case the initial treatments fail, then the couple will have to decide whether to try assisted reproductive technology or ART. Two widely used ART are;
- In Vitro Fertilization or IVF- In this treatment, a fertilized egg or eggs are inserted through the woman’s cervix and into the uterus.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection or ICSI- In this treatment, the surgeon will inject a sperm into an egg and let it fertilize in the lab. In Case fertilization occurs the doctor will place the embryo into the woman’s uterus.
It is important to note that not all places will have well equipped fertility clinics especially the rural areas. You may have to travel to another city to get the treatment done. It is therefore important to choose a clinic after reviewing its success rate. The success rate of the clinic depends on the following factors:
- The surgeon’s experience and skills
- The cause of your infertility
- Live birth rates
Although the treatments do not guarantee a healthy baby, scientists have made several advances in this field that has helped several childless couples have a baby.