What is IVF?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) means fertilization outside the human body or in the laboratory. This applies to any type of conception where fertilization takes place outside the body. It is a major treatment for a variety of problems such as endometriosis, tube-peritoneal disturbances, pelvic adhesions, PCOD and unexplained infertility. The process involves monitoring and stimulating your ovulatory process, removing an ovum and letting sperm fertilize them in a liquid in a laboratory. The fertilized egg is developed for 2–6 days and is then transferred to the uterus. This process is done with extreme precision and care.
Why India is chosen as a preferred location: –
India has gained a lot of popularity around the globe for being one of the best destinations for medical tourism. It is a known fact that India has highly experienced doctors and world-class infrastructure to provide high-quality treatment at a nominal price. There are several places in India which are well-known for various treatments and you will find some of the best IVF Centre in Delhi, the capital of India. Also, the top IVF Centre in Mumbai has earned a name for themselves.
- It is a low- cost option as compared to western countries.
- Availability of state of the art technology just as western countries
- Use of specialized methods to treat infertility
- Experienced doctors with world class facilities like western countries
- Advanced facilities that are similar that of other countries to make every patient treatment comfortable.
- The presence of medical tour consultants to help international patients find the best hospitals and reputed medical experts in our country.
- There is much English-speaking medical staff to make communication much easier for international patients compared to getting treatments in countries like Thailand or Mexico.
Best cities for treating IVF in India
Many cities in India have emerged in IVF treatments with best in class medical facilities. Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore have great popularity and verified with good success rates. Among them, IVF centres in Chennai are gaining huge popularity as Chennai as internationally acclaimed doctors are present and Chennai is regarded as health capital of India
Top three IVF Clinics in the Major cities in India:
In India, there are many renowned clinics and state of the art technology in medical equipment. For your benefits, I am posting top 10 IVF clinics in India –
- Max Healthcare – It is one if the best IVF centre in India. It has a chain of hospitals in Delhi, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and other places.
- Infertility India – If you are staying in Mumbai this is the best choice. It is famous for its high success rate in treating women. It has fully-equipped with state of the art facilities and doctor’s IVF Centres in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Nerul and Navi Mumbai.
- Iswarya Women’s Hospital & Fertility Centre – If you want to get a treatment in Chennai, it is one of the best IVF center in Chennai to get safe and world class treatment. They offer a variety of fertility treatments such as IVF, ICSI, Surrogacy, Embryo transfer, etc.
What are the Infertility Disorders Treated in India?
There is good news for you. The IVF clinics situated in India, treat every type of infertility disorders to help people unable to conceive attain the chance to get pregnant and happy lives. Some of the disorders treated here in India are as follows:
- Fallopian tubes- blocked/ damaged.
- Disorders involving ovulation.
- Low sperm count, other disorders that are sperm-related.
- Endometriosis – It is a disorder in which the tissues which normally grows inside the uterus grows outside. Mostly it is on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and tissues around the uterus and ovaries, but, in rare cases, it can also occur in other parts of the body in you.
The basic question which will be coming in your minds is what is the cost of IVF in India
Here are the few approximate rates of treatment of IVF in India –
- The rate of basic IVF treatment – One IVF session, your average cost of treatment will be Rs. 2,50,000. It is not fixed, it is possible your cost can go up as high as Rs.4,50,000 for one cycle of the treatment depending on the doctors, hospitals and the equipment used.
- The rate of higher treatment – If you require advanced technological assistance in IVF, the cost can go much higher. An ICSI treatment will require a more amount Rs.1.5 lacs to Rs. 2.5 lacs A FET procedure will cost you about Rs. 1.2 lacs, apart from the IVF cost in India.
- But be aware of people who bluff you. If an IVF clinic, doctor or a medical agency promises less than Rs. 1.5 lacs for treatment, please keep in your mind that there may be additional hidden costs that you will be asked to pay later. You must always ask if the treatment rate told by them includes expenses such as the cost of drugs for fertility, blood work, Monitoring, screening, ultrasound, doctor and hospital fees etc. Asking researched questions by you before starting the treatment can help you reduce the enormous high medical bills and fights & disputes with the clinic.
In Vitro Fertilisation – Chance of Success:
Your ability to conceive a baby minimises with an increase in age. It is important to think that when you use your own eggs or follicles, your chances of success are higher the less the age is.
In the year 2014, women who went for in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment using new embryos that were created with their own new eggs, the percentage of cycles initiated resulted in a live birth was:
- 38.2% for women aged under 35
- 30.7% for women aged between 35–37
- 27.8% for women aged between 38–39
- 21.6% for women aged between 40–42
- 10.0% for women aged between 43–44
- 5.9% for women aged 45 and over.