Medically, anal itching is known as pruritus ani, which spares no one. This problem is commonly seen in men at any age, especially from 30 to 50 years old.
The appearance of anal itching is due to the irritation of the skin around the anus. When this happens, you might be intense itching surrounding or just inside your anus.
What causes Anal Itching?
Anal itching can be caused by various factors. They include:
- Yeast Infection
- STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
- Spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine
- Parasites (pinworms)
- Excessive sweat
- Food allergies
- Anal fissures
What are the Symptoms of Anal Itching?
One of the most popular symptoms of anal itching is the frequency of intense felling triggering the strong urge to scratch.
Other symptoms that happen in or around your anal area consist of:
Depending on the causes, these symptoms can prolong temporarily or persistently.
How To Treat Anal Itching Naturally
You can find anal itching uncomfortable and embarrassing. Fortunately, it can be treated at home with some simple and effective home remedies. In case your condition lasts longer and becomes unbearable, consult your doctor’s advice to seek for medical treatment.
Here are top natural home remedies for anal itching:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV can help treat both fungal and yeast infection causing anal itching. It aids in controlling the condition and alkalizing your body.
How to apply:
- Add about two teaspoons of raw ACV to a cup of water
- Consume it two times daily
- Place a cup of ACV into a hot bath
- Dip your whole body in the bath water and leave it on for 20 minutes
- Perform the treatment one per day
The reason why garlic deserves to be listed in top home remedies for anal itching comes from its benefits of removing intestinal worms. It can cure the problem from inside out. Apart from that, the antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial content in garlic do you good by treating any infection that is in charge of anal itching.
How to apply:
- Consume from 2 to 3 raw garlic on your empty stomach per day in a week
- You can opt for boiling 2 garlic cloves crushed in about half cup of milk. Consume it on your empty stomach for a week.
- Coconut Oil
Another effective home treatment for anal itching is coconut oil. The oil helps soothe your skin and its container of antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial content help with infectious elimination. In addition, coconut oil assists in expelling the intestinal worms.
All you need to do is consuming about three teaspoons of the oil on a daily basis. Another option is using it for your cooking.
Alternatively, you had better take the oil and rub it over your affected area for a few times to help with itchy relief as well as burning sensations.
- Aloe Vera
Thanks to its calming and soothing effect, aloe vera helps alleviate anal itching, hence, removing inflammation and soreness. The gel in aloe vera reduces hemorrhoids irritation known as one of the leading causes of anal itching.
How to apply:
- Grab an aloe vera leave and then have it cut
- Take the gel and apply it to the anus for about five minutes
- Repeat the gel every hour to eradicate the soreness and itching
- Epsom Salt
If you are not satisfied with one of the above treatments because of its low respond, let’s go for Epsom salt. This is due to its benefits of treating well some skin disorders such as curing skin tags, peeling skin or eczema. The properties in Epsom salt is able to treat both itching and burning sensation.
How to apply:
- Take about two cups of Epsom salt and dilute them in to a warm bathwater
- Have a bath in 20 minutes
- Dry off yourself, especially around your anus after that
- Repeat the treatment for thrice weekly
Note: You are not allowed to take this remedy if contracting diabetes or any kidney-related problems.
- Stay Away from Allergic Foods
There are some foods that can cause anal itching, hence, you had better stay away. When it comes to anal itching, these following foods can worsen your problem:
- Citrus foods ( oranges or lemons)
- Spicy foods (peppers, chilies or jalapenos)
- Foods increasing itching such as tea, alcohol, coffee or chocolate)
You are highly recommended to ward off eating those foods for two weeks before consuming them again.
If your anal itching is caused by yeast infection, you should get yogurt. However, not many types of yogurt can better your condition. You should try probiotic yogurt which has live cultures. These are called good bacteria which controls significantly the development of infection. Regarding anal treating treatment, unsweetened probiotic yogurt is more preferable.
How to apply:
- Apply some yogurt to your affected skin area
- Leave it on for more than 30 minutes or use it overnight
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and try to dry your area carefully
You can choose to consume three glasses of yogurt on a daily basis.
After going through the above article if you still face itching you should consult a doctor. The best skin specialists in Mumbai will help to with this problem. Skin specialists in Dadar, Andheri, Bandra are most popular in treatment in itches.
If you are from Kalyan, Navi Mumbai and Thane don’t worry the popular skin dermatologists of Mumbai have their clinics in these areas. Skin specialist cost in Kalyan is compatively lower than places in Mumbai like Andheri,Bandra and Chembur.