“Healthy habits mean healthy eyes”?.Eye is a complex organ of a human body. Looking at the beautiful world and seeing well is equally important to perform daily activity for all most, all the people. According to the study, each year nearly many people visit doctor for the eye infections resulting in million of rupees in direct health care cost. You should always consult a doctor online in case of any medical emergency. Clinicspots is specialized in advance technologies that pin points and is focused on various treatments leading from eye infection to Hair transplant in Mumbai and it also serves doctors for hair transplant nearby your surroundings.
Most of the parasites, bacteria, fungi that invade the human body have the capabilities of attacking the interior surface of the eye. This infectious eye disease can be categorized in two ways:-
- Part of the infected eye:conjunctivitis is the leading example of the eye infection. It is caused by bacteria.
- Eye infection:Ocular histoplasmosis syndrome is one the example caused by fungus. Generally attacks the blood supply of retina.
Wearing contact lenses can provide various benefits, but still they are not free of risk especially if the contact lenses wored takes shortcuts or don’t take care of their lenses. Inserting the contact lenses is the largest risk of developing the infection.
Conjunctivitis is the most common eye infection caused by a type of cold virus. This type of conjunctivitis is sometimes called as pinkeye which is most common seen in children. Viral conjunctivitis is contagious because the virus can be spread from hands to eyes. Bacterial infections occur mostly in children and tend to result in long lasting cases of pinkeye.
What Causes Eye Pain?
- Sclera : white area outside wall of the eye
- Iris : black coloured part of the eye with pupil in the centre.
- Cornea : clear window in front of the eye which focuses the incoming light
- Extra ocular muscles :muscles which helps to rotate the eyes
- Nerves :carries the information as signal from eyes to brain
- Eye lids :It covers the outside area of an eye which protects and spreads moisture in eyes.
Causes of eye infection:
- Ocular histoplasmosis syndrome (OHS): it is a fungal infection of lungs which is caused by inhaling spores. In a small fraction of cases, the fungus migrates to the retina many years. Once it damages the retina, particularly the vital centre part where the vision cells are mostly concentrated. It causes symptoms and retinal decay very similar to macular degeneration, and can destroy the central part of the field of vision.
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea: This is a sexually transmitted infection which does not cause serious damage to the eye in adults. Infection gets into the eye either directly through genital fluids or when infected people rub their eyes after touching the genital area.
- Bacterial keratitis: This infection is caused by common bacteria which can be seen on skin, nose as well as mouth. Generally this infection cannot penetrate in the outer layer of the eye. Fungal keratitis is caused by fungi.
Infection causing conjunctivitis:-
- Lyme disease
- Measles, influenza
Infection damaging the retina and the inner eye includes:-
- herpes simplex
Symptoms and complications of eye infections:-
- Redness in eyes
- Crusting over eye lid
- Feels like sand is in the eye
Symptoms of keratitis and other frontal eye infection includes:-
- Sensation in eye
- Red lines in eye
- Tears coming out continuously from eye
- Constant blinking
- Swollen eye lid
- Bacteria: mainly treated with antibiotics, ointments, in the form of eye drops, or pills. Infection should be improved within a week’s time. Even if the symptoms go away the entire course should be finished.
- Viruses: it is caused commonly with cold. It usually lasts for a week and it may be highly contagious. By washing your hands properly then only you should touch others. If you wear lenses, you should throw away contacts worn while you have conjunctivitis and wear glasses.
- Allergies: consult your doctor if you have conjunctivitis linked to any kind of allergy.
- Irritants : to avoid irritation wash your eyes with plain cold water for at least 5 min.
- One should not touch or rub the infected eye
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water
- You should not wear any ones contact lenses
- Eye makeup should be avoided