Hair plays a vital role in a person’s personality and self esteem. We usually take our hair for granted until they are gone. Nowadays, more and more people have started losing their hair at an early stage, which makes them look older than their age. Losing hair is a very stressful experience for people. It is normal for the hair to fall out and grow back many a times, the problem arises when the hair falls but does not grow back or the grown hair is not as thick as before. Hair transplant treatment is a boon for people who are concerned about thinning hair on the scalp or going bald.
People in India are suffering from various hair problems due to genetic or other related factors. But there is a permanent and guaranteed solution to get rid of hair loss. You will find experienced doctors for hair transplant in Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad, etc.
Hair transplant is a procedure in which hair follicles are removed from the back of the head and placed in areas where there is scanty hair or baldness. Hair transplant in Mumbai is an economical treatment which provides positive results.
Hair transplant in Visakhapatnam is emerging as it has one of the best hair transplant centres, doctors and facilities in India. The hair transplant centres in Visakhapatnam have high quality of hair transplant treatment, highly qualified surgeons, modern technology and infrastructure with the cost being significantly low.
Different causes for hair loss
Losing up to 100 hairs a day is normal but if the intensity of hair fall increases it becomes a matter of great concern. There are many reasons for hair loss like:
- Age – As we grow older our hair follicles deteriorate leading to hair loss.
- Heredity – It is the most common cause for hair loss. People may suffer from male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness which occurs gradually and in a predictable way – receding hair line and bald patches in men and overall hair thinning in women.
- Medical conditions – Steroids, birth control pills or medications for arthritis, high blood pressure, depression etc. contain chemicals which can cause temporary or permanent hair loss. Chemotherapy can also cause severe hair loss in people. It even occurs due to infection on your scalp.
- Nutrition and diet – Nutritional deficiency and rapid weight loss can lead to hair fall. Lack of iron and protein is the main cause for hair loss as keratin which is a type of protein is an important component for formation of hair.
- Lifestyle changes – Hair loss can occur due to hormonal imbalance and changes. This problem can arise due to menopause, child birth or improper diet. Even thyroid problems can affect the hormone levels leading to hair loss.
Treatment for hair loss:-
You can avail many treatments for hair loss from shampoos to lotions to medications to laser treatment. But once the hair follicle is dead then none of these treatments will work and the only remaining treatment which is effective at this stage is hair transplant. You can get a fuller head of hair with hair transplant which is a permanent solution which gives great and natural results.
Hair transplant is performed by using many techniques such as: FUT, FUE, Hair stem cell transplant, Mesotherapy, Laser Therapy, PRP, DHI, BHT and LHT.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT procedure involves removing a strip of tissue with hair from the donor area, which is the back of the head by the surgeon. The hair follicles are then harvested from this strip by the clinical team and then implanted in the recipient area, which is the area with the bald patch or scanty hair. Great number of grafts can be transplanted with FUT in a single session.
- Large area is restored with the help of this surgery
- FUT surgery is less time consuming and a large number of hair is restored in limited time
- FUT surgery leaves behind a linear scar at the back of the head which looks unattractive
- It takes longer time to heal as there are sutures involved.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
During FUE hair transplant, each hair follicle is removed from the donor area with the help of a small punch. This procedure is repeated till enough follicular units are harvested for hair restoration. The follicular units are then placed in the recipient sites which are prepared beforehand by using a fine needle point instrument.
- This procedure does not require any incision or stitches
- Dotted scar which are formed are less noticeable
- There is minimum discomfort and quick recovery
- The procedure is quite time consuming and may require multiple sessions
- Damage rate of the grafts is higher in FUE as compared to FUT
Robotic FUE Hair Transplant
Robotic hair transplant surgery is an advance form of Follicular Unit Extraction. During Robotic FUE procedure, the harvesting of follicular unit is done by an automated hair transplant machine which enables the transplant to be performed with unparalleled precision. It locates and extracts follicular units with speed and accuracy that is not possible to duplicate with human hand and it can also create recipient sites for the placement of the grafts according to the plan programmed by the physician.
- Reduces harvesting time
- Increases the accuracy of harvesting
- Increase in the rate of survival of grafts and minimizes wounding
- Creates recipient site with increased accuracy and speed
Hair Stem Cell Transplant (HASCI)
Hair stem cell transplant does not remove the entire hair follicle but just a portion of it is capable of producing new hair. This technique can be used to produce two follicles from a single follicle to prompt hair growth. This enables the donor area to be reused for future transplants. The hair shaft is used as a guide to remove a part of follicle by using a hollow needle. The needle automatically reaches the exact location and extracts a few stem cells.
- This treatment is painless
- No scarring
- The donor area is healed within 2 days
- The recipient area is healed within 5 to 7 days
- It is suitable for treatment of scar tissue
- It gives natural results and almost total re-growth in the donor and recipient areas.
Mesotherapy is a non invasive treatment based on microinjections, which are administered into the targeted tissues in the mesoderm (middle layer of the skin). This therapy stimulates the mesoderm and helps overcome various symptoms and illness.
The injected solution contains variety of minerals, amino acids, vitamins, nucleic acids and co-enzymes which are customized according to each patient’s individual needs.
The success rate is 90-92% in patients. Several sessions are required for Mesotherapy treatment and the result is visible after about three months.
- It strengthens the hair follicles, stimulates collagen and increases follicle size.
- Improves blood circulation to the scalp
- Restricts the secretion of excessive dihydrotestosterone(DHT)
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
Low level laser therapy is a non surgical treatment for excessive hair loss for both men and women. It is also used as a supplementary therapy to enhance hair growth after transplantation or with hair loss treatment to increase the blood flow to the scalp. LLLT wavelength and infrared radiation is emitted during this procedure which helps to stimulate blood supply to the hair follicles.
- Increases the strength and elasticity of the hair making them softer, thicker, fuller and shinier.
- It repairs damaged hair
- Stops hair loss in 80% of people
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
PRP hair restoration is a non surgical medical procedure which is used to treat hair thinning and hair loss. Patient’s own blood is injected during this treatment. This treatment helps to heal wounds and promote hair growth.
A little blood is removed by the doctor and treated in the centrifuge so that only the platelets (enriched cells) remain. This platelet rich plasma which contains essential growth proteins is injected into areas which need to be treated with a special needle. This treatment can be used alone or in combination with other restoration surgery or hair transplant.
- Reliable and safe results
- Quick recovery
- Natural looking results
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)
Direct hair implantation is the latest and most advanced implantation technique which gives natural healthy hair. The main objective of this technique is to increase the survival and growth of the follicles by reducing their handling and time they stay out of the skin.
The entire procedure is conducted by the dermatologist. Use of scalpels, reception incisions and stitches are not involved in DHI treatment unlike other hair transplantations. One by one the hair follicles are extracted and placed in a solution at specific temperature which enhances their growth after placement. They are implanted directly into the thinning area using specifically designed tools. The follicles are placed in specified angle, depth and direction to give natural results and increased density.
- As opposed to FUT and FUE hair transplant, in DHI procedure there is no need to make incisions in the recipient area as it uses an implanter to implant the hair follicles directly.
- There is no scarring
- The procedure is painless
Body Hair Transplantation (BHT)
This technique uses the same method as FUE except it also takes hair from different parts of the body. The body hair is used to overcome the unsatisfactory level of head hair. The success of this transplantation depends from person to person as the body hair is different from the head hair in thickness, growing rhythm, color and donor site density.
Hair from the abdomen, thorax and beard is used for transplant in the crown and central head area but never for the hairline and it is mixed with the follicular units of the scalp.
- Extraction process is slower
- The recipient site covered is less as the thickness of hair is smaller
- Higher use of anesthesia
Long Hair Transplant (LHT)
The main objective of LHT is that the final result of the surgery is visible right after the procedure. The donor hair is left long and the patient can preview the final result of the transplanted hair. After a few days of surgery, the transplanted hair starts shedding and they will grow back after 2 to 3 months. LHT procedure causes technological and behavioral changes which opens the door to a whole new perspective in hair restoration surgery.
- Totally unnoticed postoperative period
- Higher accuracy in placement of the hair
- Patient can have greater say during the procedure
- This procedure is time consuming
- Needs highly experienced specialists and advance technology for this treatment
Discussed above are some of the main hair restoration procedures which can help people who are going through hair loss issues.