Today all the people are worried about their looks, we all know that the celebrities are very conscious regarding their looks, beauty, hair and their smile, but today even a kid likes to spend more time in front of the mirror. Everyone knows how important a smile is and that every look is incomplete without a smile. Smile adds to our beauty and if your tooth is not shiny and good your smile looks dull. Many people feel that smile becomes their main obstacle if their tooth is not as shiny as white pearl. Many people with yellow teeth have a dull smile as they are not confident about their smile. Don’t be surprised if your teeth are not as bright as white pearl or if it is yellow. There are a number of factors which can lead to the change in the color of your teeth and turn them yellow. Proper dental care can help you to get rid of such problems.
What is basic dental care?
- Brushing your teeth and flossing it every day is one of the most important factors when it comes to dental care.
- Consult your doctor, go for regular checkups, Following the process such as eating a healthy diet which includes dairy products, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, etc., cleaning up the teeth frequently is a part of dental care.
What is the Importance of basic dental care?
- Practicing basic dental care prevents decaying of tooth.
- Helps to control gum disease, which otherwise can damage the tissue of gums and bones which are supporting the teeth this can further lead to the loss of teeth.
- Basic dental care helps to prevent tooth decay and many other diseases caused by gums. It reduces the fillings and other costly procedures that you have to otherwise undergo. Taking action before it’s too late can also help you to save money.
- You can get rid of bad breath and bacteria by brushing and flossing your mouth every day.
- Soft drinks and tobacco can stain your teeth. Avoiding these things can help you to keep your teeth white.
- Maintaining basic dental care can keep your teeth healthy and strong which will last for a life time.
What are the various ways to avoid dental problems?
- Brush your teeth twice a day, i.e. in the morning and at night before going to bed and also make sure that you floss once in a day. This will help to prevent the formation of plaque in your teeth. Doing this regularly will protect the teeth, bones and gums from further damage.
- Use toothbrush with soft, round end bristles and with a head which is small enough to reach all the corners of the teeth and mouth. It’s very important to replace your tooth brush with the new one every 3-4 months.
- The brush should be placed at an angle where the teeth meet the gums, i.e. at an angle of 45 degrees, do not brush your teeth vigorously as this can scratch your tooth enamel and can also make the gum pull away from the teeth.
- Toothpaste containing fluoride should be used as this helps to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Consult your doctor even if you want to purchase a mouth wash.
- Try to use toothpastes which are medically approved by the American Dental Association.
- Avoid Sweet substances as much as possible as it can encourage growth of plaque in your teeth.
- Avoid excessive smoking and large intake of tobacco products. Excessive use of such products will not only lead to gum diseases, but can also cause many health related problems.
- Clean your tongue daily with the help of soft bristle tooth brush by carefully stroking it in both forward and backward direction.
- Tongue cleaning is a must for those people whose tongue is coated or have deeply grooved tongue.
- One should visit the dentist for regular checkups, this would also help to know how often the person needs to be examined.
- Plaque disclosing tablets help to check if any plaque is remaining after brushing and flossing your teeth. These tablets are chewable and help to find any plaque which is left on the teeth after the brush.
- Poor dental hygiene : Lenient Brushing and flossing in order to remove plaque and Excessive Consumption of stain producing substances such as coffee and tobacco can cause tooth discoloration.
- Food/drinks : Certain fruits, vegetables and drink such as apple, potatoes, coffee, tea, soft drinks, wines, etc. can stain one’s teeth.
- Diseases : The underlying material under the enamel and some diseases which affect the hard surface of the teeth can also lead to color discoloration.
- Genetics : Someone people naturally have thicker or brighter enamel as compared to others.
- Trauma: Sometimes a damage caused by a fall can disturb enamel formation in young children whose teeth are still developing. Trauma can also cause tooth discoloration even in adults.
Treatments to whiten your teeth
Following are some of the ways which will help you to get rid of yellow teeth and get sparkling white teeth
- To cover the discolored tooth
- Always use a proper toothbrush and flossing techniques.
- Avoid intake of stain producing food and beverages.
- Use an in-home whitening agent that is purchased from your dentist.
Brush your teeth regularly and avoid smoking and excessive intake of tobacco in order to prevent your teeth from becoming yellow.