Do you like tomatoes? Tomatoes are filled with nutrients and antioxidant which helps your body to fight many diseases, and also helps you to maintain good health so If you don’t like tomatoes this is why you should like them. We all use tomatoes in our day to day life but very few of us know about the health benefits it provides. You can use tomatoes in number of dishes or else you can also consume it alone.
Eating tomatoes will help you get beautiful hair and skin, alternately, you can even choose to see a skin specialist in Delhi who can provide you with some of the basic remedies or treatments which can help you achieve flawless, smooth skin. Delhi has a lot of skin clinics that also offer basic skin care packages.
Below are some of the health benefits of Eating Tomatoes:
- Good for skin: Tomatoes contains lycopene which is also used in some facial cleaners. You can try tomatoes for your skin. You just have to take some tomatoes cut it and rub on skin. You can also apply tomato juice which evens out the skin and gives you a healthy and glowing skin. Tomatoes are known to contain high amount of vitamin C which helps to brighten your skin.
- Healthy bones: Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin K and calcium. Both these nutrients help in minor repairs on the bones and play a very important role in maintaining healthy and strong bones.
- Reduce Damage by smoking: Tomatoes are known to contain coumaric acid and chlorogenic acid which protects our body from carcinogens produced by cigarette smoke.
- Good for your hair: Tomatoes contain Vitamin A, B, C and E which keeps your hair shiny and strong. It also helps to treat scalp problems and dandruff. Apart from consuming tomatoes you can also use it as natural conditioners .You can take some tomato pulp, apply it on your hair and keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. If you are suffering from dry scalp apply a mixture of tomato puree along with your regular oil for best result, later wash it off with off with cold water
- Prevents Sun Burn: Tomatoes helps to prevent sun burn. Take 2 tablespoon of tomato pulp add 1 teaspoon of yoghurt to it to prepare a pack, You can apply this on face, hands, neck and feet
- Good for eyes: Tomatoes contain vitamins such as Vitamin A, thiamine, folates, FlavonoidB complex, niacin etc. which helps to cure eye diseases like night blindness. Lycopene present in tomatoes is known to protect your eyes from harmful UV radiations of sun. Vitamin E present in tomatoes also helps in maintaining good eye sight by preventing damage of the retina. Tomatoes also contain high amount of vitamin C which helps in reducing the risk of cataracts.
- Helps to control high blood pressure: Consuming tomatoes daily reduces the risk of high blood pressure. Tomatoes contain potassium which helps in circulation by reducing tension in blood vessels and arteries which helps in reducing stress and eliminates hypertension.
- Controls Heart rate: Being rich in potassium it helps to control heart rate and is very helpful in preventing heart diseases and strokes.
- Prevents hair loss: It is considered as an amazing natural conditioner and it is believed that applying tomato pulp on the scalp can also prevent hair loss.
- Treats Acne: Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and C which helps to treat acne. You can just take a slice of tomato and gently rub it on your face. You can also smash a tomato and apply the pulp on your face and then leave it for an hour. Doing this regularly can also help you get rid of tan and pimples.
- Prevents signs of aging: Tomatoes also helps to absorb oxygen which reduces the sign of ageing. It makes your skin look smooth and healthy. Lycopene present in tomatoes helps skin to stay youthful and wrinkle free. It also reduces the skin cell damage. Presence of vitamin C, A, B and E helps in collagen production and neutralizes harmful molecules.
- Strengthens immune system: when you consume tomatoes daily, it increases the proportion of vitamin C in the blood, which is known to prevent stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.
- Lightens the skin tone: Tomato helps to lighten the skin tone, Take 2 teaspoon of tomato pulp, 1 teaspoon of oatmeal, and 1 teaspoon of yogurt mix them well to prepare a face pack. Apply it on the face and neck; keep it for about 20 minutes. Later wash it off. Doing so will help you get clear skin and helps to improve the complexion.
- Removes dead skin cells: Tomatoes are also known to remove dead skin. Take some tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of sugar mix them and make paste out of it, and apply it on the face and then gently massage in a circular motion.
- Prevents excess sebum production: Take two tomatoes squeeze the juice, add 4 table spoons of cucumber juice to it. Applying this mixture daily with the help of cotton ball helps to control excess oil secretion which clogs the pores. This helps to reduce the dirt, pimples etc.