Many people complain of having rough and dry hair. All of us like to have healthy, long and silky hair, but managing hair can be a very difficult task. In our busy schedule we often forget to take proper care of our hair which often leads to damaged hair. Strong and beautiful hair can make you look good. Having rough or dry hair can be very irritating, this may also lead to hair fall and other hair related problems. One needs to take proper care of hair. When your hair is not properly moisturized it can cause your hair to get dry and rough. Try to protect your hair from sun and harsh chemical. Use trusted brands and avoid products such as shampoos and conditioners which contain lots of chemicals.
Even nutrition plays a very important role in keeping your hair healthy and beautiful. So you have to follow proper diet for healthy hair. There are some home remedies which are really effective for dry and rough hair. Also refer to health and beauty treatments to enhance you hair growth and for a better look.
Some of the home remedies include:
- Hot oil Massage: If you have dry hair, hot oil massage will help you to treat the problem. Massaging your hair with hot oil improves the circulation of blood. When you apply hot oil, it deeply penetrates the root of your hair which nourishes your hair and scalp and prevents it from getting damaged. You can take any oil such as Almond, olive oil or coconut oil. Take some oil in a bowl depending on the length of your hair and heat it and apply this on your scalp and massage it gently, keep it for 2 hours or leave it overnight and then wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Mix shampoo with Omelet: Take one egg and mix small amount of shampoo to it apply on your damaged hair for five minutes and then rinse it well. This will prevent your hair from getting damaged. This enhances the protein your hair.
- Vinegar: Vinegar helps to get rid of an itchy scalp. It is also known for restoring natural PH levels; this will keep your hair moisturized. Take 1 cup of white vinegar or Apple cider vinegar and mix water to it. Apply this mixture after washing your hair with shampoo, leave it for some time and then rinse it off. Though vinegar is good for dry hair, over use of it can make it drier than earlier. Avoid over using it.
- Banana: Banana contains vitamins A, B, C and E and also minerals like potassium, manganese, iron and manganese. All these rich vitamins and minerals help to make your hair soft. It also protects the natural elasticity of hair. Take 1 ripe banana, Avocado and 2-3 tablespoon of coconut milk, Mash the banana and avocado, add coconut milk to it, and then apply it on dry hair. Leave it for 20-30 minutes t then wash it off with Luke warm water.
- Yogurt for dry hair: Yogurt deep conditions your dry frizzy hair. Yogurt contains lactic acid which helps to cleanse your hair and scalp. It also contains fat and proteins, which will moisturize and rejuvenate your hair. Take about 2-4 table spoon of yogurt, apply it to your hair and scalp, massage it gently into the scalp and then rinse it off with gentle shampoo. For better results do this once a week.
- Fenugreek: It is rich in protein, nicotinic acid, niacin, potassium, vitamin C, amino acids etc. Fenugreek seeds also contain lecithin which helps to hydrate your hair, thereby making them healthy and strong at the same time. Take 2-4 tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds and 1-2 tablespoon of yogurt. Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight, then grind the soaked fenugreek seeds to make a paste of it, mix yogurt to it, apply this mixture to your hair, leave it for half an hour and then wash it off mild shampoo.
- Butter: Take some butter and massage it into your dry hair, then cover it with a shower cap for some time. Butter helps to treat dry, brittle hair and also gives a glossy shine to your hair.
- Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously with towel: After having a shower, wrap your hair in a cotton towel, instead of rubbing your hair. This will protect your hair from damage.
- Honey: Honey nourishes your hair. Take 2 table spoon of honey, one table3 spoon of buttermilk, one table spoon of coconut oil, mix it well and warm it. Apply this mixture on your hair and then rinse it off with water.
- Aloe vera: It works as a natural conditioner for your hair. Take some juice of Aloevera apply it directly on hair. After a few minutes wash it off. You can also take some aloevera gel, two tablespoon of coconut oil and three tablespoons of yogurt , mix it all and apply it on your hair.