Oh no split ends! All the ladies are obviously familiar with split ends. Right? Split ends are the problem related to all the ages. They are very tough to prevent, because once they get attached to your hair it becomes problematic to remove them very easily.
Do you want to get rid of your split ends? everyone should be very careful about his/her hair, If you are not taking proper care of hair then you may face some hair problems. If you are facing such hair problems have any query related to the hair problems, ask a doctor online, doing so will also help you know about various hair related problems and treatments available for it. You can also get information on hair transplant in Chennai and about modern technologies that are used during the hair transplant process.
Why do we get split ends?
Splits ends in our hair is a sign that our hair is not getting enough nutrients, as a result to which they become brittle and dry. Many other things that cause split ends are:-
- Using blow dryer regularly
- Using chemical products such as dying, coloring
- Improper techniques for detangling hair
- Applying towel treatment harshly
- Lacking in regular trimming
How to get rid of split ends?
- Well, all the ladies might not want to hear this – but there is no cure for split end once it happens. The only way to get away from it, is to cut it
- If it is not trimmed the hair will continue to break at higher level, causing the frizzy look
- Hair products are useful not to give temporary result, but it will not work permanently
- Therefore, they need to be trimmed every 6-8 weeks
- With little efforts you can get rid of your split ends, which would help you get long and beautiful hair forever. Below are some of the ways which will help you to have hair which is free of split ends
Preventing Split Ends
- Use coconut oil: Using coconut oil can help reduce split ends, Dry hair can cause more damage to your hair, so always keep it moisturized. Use 2 tablespoon of coconut oil and apply it on your hair before showering
- Condition your hair regularly: You can condition your hair deeply by applying an oil or conditioner and then leaving it for a while, if you’re using an oil it’s always good to go for coconut and jojoba oil.
- Don’t apply too much of shampoo: Using too much shampoo can make your hair dry by stripping away all the essential oil from your hair. So always wash your hair using the least amount of shampoo so that your hair remains moisturized and healthy. Try to use a milder shampoo that contains less chemicals to avoid rapidly splitting hair.
- Brush your hair gently: Teasing your hair frequently may damage your hair, thereby causing split ends. Comb your hair gently and always make use of a gentle comb or brush that is safe on your hair for e.g., people with thick hair can use a wide- toothed, wooden comb which would avoid pulling out of hair. Don’t brush wet hair, brush when it is dry. Brushing your hair more than necessary can also damage your hair.
- Head Massage: A good head massage helps to stimulate blood circulation and gives strength and shine to your hair, thereby preventing split ends, using a mixture of oils such as olive oil, almond oil coconut oil etc. will give you a better result. You just have to take the mixture of these oils, heat it and then use it for head massage.
- Avoid unfriendly accessories for hair: Don’t use accessories such as tight elastic bands or any such accessories that pulls your hair tightly, as this can cause great damage to the hair and also causes split ends
- Use honey: Honey can be used as one of the home remedy, this can help prevent split ends, All you need to do is take a tablespoon of honey and a half cup of curd mix it well and apply it on your hair, apply it proper especially to the ends, then leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Protect your hair when you go to sleep: Don’t sleep with open hair this can damage your hair. Tie a bun or plait before going to sleep to prevent tangles, breakage and split ends. A sleep cap might also help to reduce breakage.